Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Time to begin.

(This is the picture that started it all. I'm the one in the middle. I love my friends, they are just so little and they make me look huge! lol (save your comments, I know that I am hard on myself ;))



Well, I guess I should start off by saying thank you to one of my good friends, Sasha. She's a serious blogger, and she inspired me to start blogging. I have never done this before, but I am ready to get started!



This blog is going to be about my journey through weight loss. I have struggled with my weight for my entire life, and I am so beyond ready to lose, and keep this weight off! I have decided that I am going to start blogging about the highs and lows of my journey through weight loss. I plan to write sort of a diary blog and post it every Sunday about how easy or hard my week was with losing weight. The scale and I have a serious love/hate relationship...well more like I HATE stepping on it, and would LOVE to run it over with my car. For this reason, I will only weigh myself on February 28, 2011. On this date I will hope to have lost 30 pounds. That gives me about five and a half months to achieve my goal. (And don't worry, I promise I will only do it the healthy way...no cheating) I "started" my journey about a week ago, but haven't really taken it seriously, so from this point on it is GO TIME! With how many times I just typed the word "weight" I swear people would think I was obsessed about it or something, but I promise I'm not obsessed....it just consumes most of my thoughts. :) I feel like if I start this blog, and God willing people read it, I will have a sense of accountability for following through. Now this doesn't mean I am going to quit if no one reads it, let's make that clear. I am doing this all for ME, I'm not a selfish person, but this is one of those times where I can't be doing this for anyone else but me. I am excited to see the end result, but I know that it is going to take time to lose all of the weight that I really want to lose, so for now I am starting with 30lbs. Words of encouragement are greatly appreciated...just saying. :) Stay tuned to see what Sunday has in store!!

2 comments:

  1. I think that this is a wonderful idea and GO YOU for setting a goal for yourself! I am with you all the way and I can speak from experience that sometimes it is so hard to get started but geeeeee baby when you do you will feel so good and be ready to tackle the next day! good luck miss thang! I'm here and I will definitely keep up w/ you sister! And accountability makes things so much easier so find a good friend to help ya out : ) XOXO! All it takes, is ALL you've got! ( Little bootcamp quote I recently heard)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! I am excited to read your blog and I totally support you on this! We can do it together :)

    ReplyDelete