Sunday, September 19, 2010

Resistance

Hello again! Since last Sunday, I have been feeling so much better. I feel like I have more energy, and the path to losing weight is looking promising. At this point I would like to introduce my work out buddy, Tabbitha. She is one of my closest friends, and is a great work out buddy!

This week has been a week full of resistance. I have had to resist the urge to: quit, eat a pound of chocolate, be lazy, scream, yell, kick, fight and cry because I am so mad about how out of shape I really am. However, I am happy to report that I did not quit, eat a pound of chocolate, be lazy, scream, yell, kick or fight, but I did cry. There is a particular treadmill that I like to do my cardio on, and it just so happens to be facing a window when at night you can see your reflection. My first night back to the gym was Thursday night (I was sick during the beginning of the week), and while I was doing my thing on the treadmill I saw myself in the window and started to tear up. FAT! That is what I was screaming to myself in my head. I told Tabbitha that I was not happy at all with myself, and she had to remind me that weight loss takes time and to just keep doing what I'm doing. I went home that night feeling a little down in the dumps, and all I wanted to do was cry. I started to think back to spring semester of my freshman year when I worked hard to lose weight, and I realized that I felt the same way then that I did now. I felt like this journey was going to take forever and I just wanted the fat to melt off. However, now I know that it is not that easy what-so-ever! I just had to remind myself that I did it then, and I CAN do it now. It is definitely going to be a long road, but I am more than ready to see the fruits of my labor! From now on I will resist the urge to hate my body; I guess I'll just have to see my reflection in the window and know that the body in the reflection is only going to get better in time.

I would also like to say CONGRATULATIONS to my good friends Sasha and Zeb on their engagement!!!!!!!!! Love you guys!!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the shout out Katy! :) Also do not be so hard on yourself! You are so beautiful! Time is your biggest enemy in this, but eventually it will pay off! Love you!

    ReplyDelete